Easy Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies | Soft & Gooey
Dad's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Valentine's Day, birthdays, Easter, Christmas, having a bad day or just because - all occasions where my dad's famous chocolate chip cookies become the most anticipated treat. The amazing part is he makes them dairy-free regardless of who for because they taste so damn good no one would never know regardless. Today, my dad has joined me to share this famous recipe so everyone from home can enjoy for themselves.
Note: he promises this recipe is not only easy, but it's even conquerable for those who have spent little to no time cooking or baking. So pass this recipe on to your partner if you'd rather them spoil you instead!
These cookies are soft, gooey and stay fresh for many days.
- 3 Cups of Flour (he uses Brodie self-rising flour)
- 3/4 tsp Salt (if using regular flour)
- 4 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder (if using regular flour)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Apple Sauce
- 1 Cup of Soft Vegan Butter
- Dash of Vanilla
- Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips (dairy-free: recommend Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chunks)
- Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, combine flour (with salt and baking powder), white sugar, brown sugar and sift together.
- Add in apple sauce, softened butter and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks or chips and add in desired amount of chopped walnuts.
- With a spoon, create 1.5-2 inch cookie dough balls and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick bottom.
- Bake in the over for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a cookie tray until fully cooled and set.
- Enjoy with a glass of almond milk - can be frozen for up to a month.